Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Push On...

Hey all!! It's been a while since I have posted... sorry about that!! A lot has been happening in recent weeks, and now I get to share some of my thoughts with you!

Recently, there have been some things that are coming up for me which have been raising some anxious and stressful emotions.  It is so easy to start to focus on the what-if's and doubts that life hands us.  The waiting to see what is going to happen also becomes unbearable.  But that's just what Satan sometimes wants from us, to try to drag us away from the truths God provides.  The anxiety, the doubts, and the time to play these games in our minds.  But what are we supposed to do as Christians when we have these moments in life, which inevitably sneak up on us?

Lamentations 3:24-25 says, "I say to myself the Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him.  The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him, it is good to wait quietly, for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.  Let him sit alone in silence, for the Lord has laid it on him, Let him bury his face in the dust- there may yet be hope.  Let him offer his cheek to the one who would strike him, and let him be filled with disgrace.  For no one is cast off by the Lord forever.  Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is His unfailing love."

What we can gain from this verse to offer to the Lord is to sit in silence with Him.  Let His grace and love rain down on us.  Wait on the Lord to give us the strength and courage to press on in life.  We live in a world that is fallen, and we need to remember that it will not always be easy and perfect.  But the best place we can rest our heads is on the shoulder of our incredibly gracious and merciful Lord.  Find verses that combat the lies Satan feeds us with the truths that we can strongly stand on.  Find a close Christian mentor that we can confide in to pray over us with whatever we are going through.  God's truths always give me a peace that no one else can give and has a way of drowning out those doubts and insecurities that come with tough situations in life.

I know that there is a lot of hurts and doubts now and even to come with the economy the way it is, the health of our friends and family in question, or whatever circumstance you are going through right now.  But God has big shoulders and we can lay those at the foot of the cross and give it all to him, asking him to carry it for us and give us the strength and guidance to push on.  I pray that you push to push on with God carrying you through it.  And I hope that you will pray for me through my circumstance too.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment